A stay at Spey Bay Lodges should be about leaving the hustle & bustle of city life behind and enjoying our stunning rural location with its many attractions, activities, restaurants & entertainment. We provide a peaceful & tranquil base from which to enjoy it all.
Dolphins are a regular attraction in the sea off Spey Bay and the Scottish Dolphin Centre just 400M along the bay are the experts with astounding amounts of information and data on Dolphins. They also have a fantastic dry dive experience in the largest ice house in Scotland, or, you can take one of their wildlife tours or bat watching tours.
At certain times of the year the Northern Lights can be spectacular when viewed from the beach or upstairs in the panoramic window of Gallacher.
Oyster catchers parade up and down the grass outside the lodges, perfect for any bird watchers.
If you have any questions at all about how to enjoy your holiday at Spey Bay just ask Mark and Jill and we will help you choose the best itinerary to make your stay a fantastic memory you will never forget.
How to get here…
- Fochabers – 5 minutes by car, or take a gentle stroll for about an hour along the stunning Speyside Way to Fochabers, “see if you can spot an otter”
- Elgin – 20 minutes
- Lossiemouth – 25 minutes
- Nairn – 45 minutes
- Inverness – 1 hour 10 minutes / Inverness Airport (Dalcross) – 1 hour
- Aberdeen – 1 hour 10 minutes / Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) – 1 hour
We recommend that guests have the use of a car (or bring your walking boots) while staying with us so they can enjoy our rural location to its fullest. There is ample parking available at all lodges and our information pack provides a wealth of up to date information on things to do in the area.
Our nearest railway station can be found in Elgin, approximately 25 minutes drive away.
We are almost centrally located between Inverness Airport (Dalcross) & Aberdeen Airport (Dyce), which are both approx 1 hour by car.
Booking & Payment Terms
1. Bookings – A provisional booking will be made initially on receipt of a booking request and full booking confirmed on receipt of 50% deposit, full payment is required by 30 days prior to your stay.
2. We accept payment by BACS, Credit Card and Paypal.
3. Arrival and Departure – please let us know when you will be arriving so that we can meet you at the lodge, we can usually accommodate late arrivals so please ask if you have along journey and don’t expect to arrive until late into the evening, on the day of departure please vacate the lodge by 10am to allow us to clean and service the lodge ready for the next guests.
Pets: We welcome well behaved dogs by arrangement.